Our members are on the frontlines of the pandemic and the picket lines. At SEIU 2015, we’re committed to the justice agenda. We aren’t just resisting the status quo – we’re investing in our future. Our members fight for justice, whether it be equality for the LGTBQ+ community, protections for frontline workers, justice for immigrants, or fighting against police-sanctioned violence on communities of color.
Please take a quick 20-30 second video of yourself to let us know how you’re fighting for justice!
- Start by introducing yourself. “I’m Maria Gomez, a CNA in Oakland, CA,” or “I’m Rose and I’m a home care worker in Los Angeles, CA.”
- Address one or more of the following:
- What issues are you trying to address?
- How do these issues make you feel?
- What are you doing in the community to make your voice heard?
- Your demand on what we need. Ex: “Donald Trump, I’m asking you now –when we will see justice for Black lives?”
- The video does not have to have a professional appearance; however, try to make sure your face is well-lit/visible and that we can hear what you are saying. This may require moving to a quieter or brighter location.
- If possible, leave 5 extra seconds at the beginning and the end of the video for editing purposes.
- For HIPPA reasons, do not include any resident, patient, or consumer names in the video.
- It’s a good idea to try making the video 2 or 3 times.