Location: Northern California (Flexible to Sacramento or Oakland)
SEIU Local 2015 is California’s Long Term Care workers organization that will unleash the collective power of long term care workers, their families, and their communities, harness the power of technology, and build a broad movement to disrupt the unjust status quo in order to bring lasting transformational change towards a more just society for all.
SEIU Local 2015 represents 372,000 homecare providers, nursing home workers and assisted living center workers throughout California, making it the largest union of long term care givers in California and the second largest SEIU local in the nation. For more information please visit, http://seiu2015.org
SEIU Local 2015 is seeking an Administrative Lead responsible for providing direction, development, and leadership to the administrative staff, ensuring an overall standard of excellence by the staff as it relates to carrying out the vision, goals, and respective campaigns of the union. This position reports directly to the Director of Administration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, supervise and lead team in developing and implementing best practices on the union’s administrative support work
- Challenge team and assist to embrace changes in all aspects of their work
- Train, develop and hold staff accountable in all aspects of their work including execution of disciplinary measure
- Evaluate staff; develop and implement staff development plans
- Cover for team member vacation and trouble shoot on particularly difficult staff assignments
- As part of the supervisory team, contribute to organizational vision and how it is executed in team’s work
- Assist the senior organizers and coordinators in developing data processes to accurately measure progress
- Work with regional directors and growth to establish best practices and standards for data collection and field implementation
- Assist staff in organizing, managing and prioritizing work subject to deadline in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
- Ability to lead a team in a way that motivates and inspire – Leadership/Empowerment
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment – Independent Judgement
- Ability to demonstrate Local 2015’s 5 Core Values in their day to day work – Cultural Competence
- Ability to frame issues and articulate organizational values and priorities – Communications
- Ability to lead and work effectively as part of a team – Leadership/Teamwork
- Ability to receive direction from and interact with their immediate supervisor – Relationship Building
- Ability to develop and carry out plans with sound independent judgment – Ability to Create a Plan/Results Driven/Independent Judgement
- Ability to hold staff accountable to Local 2015 core values and the assigned work – Leadership
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills appropriate to providing quality staff and member experience including the ability to establish and cultivate respectful relationships with people from diverse backgrounds. – Communications/Relationship Building
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and deliver on short-term and long-term staff development and capacity building goals. – Ability to Create Plan/Leadership
- Demonstrated high proficiency in Microsoft Office/Word, PowerPoint, Excel, databases and Internet – Technical Capacity
- Demonstrated commitment to working for social and economic justice –
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills – Active Listening/Communications
- Strong planning and time management skills – Time Management
- Ability and willingness to work in diverse settings and with diverse populations – Anti-Racist
- Ability to train on systems and data entry – Technical Capacity
This position manages the Administrative Assistant(s).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
4+ years of administrative experience and leading a team of two or more
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary offered based on experience and qualifications.
- Full benefits package including employer-paid medical, dental, life and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents and a pension plan.
To Apply for this Position:
E-mail, fax or mail a cover letter, detailed resume and short writing sample to:
SEIU Local 2015
c/o Human Resources
2910 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90057
Please indicate in your cover letter the position and location of your interest. This position will remain open until filled.
Affirmative Action Employer:
SEIU Local 2015 is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to recruiting and hiring without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.