Community Tax Preparation Service
Fast. Free. Confidential.
At hundreds of locations throughout the state, trained tax preparers will make sure that you get the largest refund possible by taking advantage of every tax credit and deduction you qualify for.
Call 211 or the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) hotline at 1-800-906-9887 or www.irs.gov and search for Free Tax Preparation for a location near you. You may also contact the AARP tax counseling hotline at 1-888-227-7669.
What You Need to Bring
- Photo identification for each person on your tax return
- Social security card or ITIN for each person on your tax return
- W-2 forms for all jobs held in 2018
- All 1099 or 1098 forms
- Childcare provider information
- Landlord’s name, address and phone number for the CA renter’s credit
- Voided check for direct deposit of your tax return
Special Pricing Discounts
For members who have a higher income than the VITA threshold.
SEIU Member Benefits and H&R Block have joined forces to offer special discounts and pricing on tax preparation.
- $25 off tax preparation services for new clients
- Free Tax Identity Shield® (up to a $30 value) with paid tax preparation for prior clients
- Special pricing on software and online programs
- Special offers may be redeemed in retail offices or online
To take advantage of the special discounts, you must register and print your member services coupon at www.seiumb.com/registration.htm
NOTE: Inform your accountant that IHSS wages received by IHSS providers who live in the same home with the recipient are excluded from gross income for purposes of Federal Income Taxes (under IRS Notice 2014-7) and State Income Taxes (pursuant to California’s conformance with the Federal rule under Revenue and Taxation Code section 17131).