SEIU Local 2015 Supports Workers with Increased Wages and Better Working Conditions
Winning for Our Members: Increasing Wages and Raising Standards
SEIU Local 2015 fights to support all home care workers earning a livable wage, to improve the quality of care given to patients, and to have safer working conditions for all. It is through the unity and actions of our members that we are able to achieve wage increases and safer working conditions despite the negative efforts of special interests who are seeking to increase corporate profits at the expense of workers rights and understaffing.
In 2018, we have secured major wins for In Home Supportive Services (IHSS) and Nursing Home workers including:
- In Ventura, Solano, and San Mateo Counties we secured IHSS contracts that guarantee homecare workers a wage increase above minimum wage.
- In Ventura County we won a new contract which secured IHSS homecare workers a wage increase to $13.64 an hour by 2020. Pay will stay 64 cents above the minimum wage thereafter.
- In Solano County we won a contract agreement which secured IHSS homecare workers an immediate wage increase of 50 cents, which will stay 50 cents above minimum wage.
- In San Francisco County thanks to the work of members and union allies, we secured a minimum wage increase to $15 an hour.
- In Sacramento County we secured a tentative agreement of an immediate increase of $1 above minimum wage for IHSS homecare workers.
- We scored some notable wins at Nursing Homes and Private Agencies that include increases in wages, benefits and education and training fund contributions across the state. These bargaining wins include Covenant Care Facilities in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara, Windsor nursing homes in Petaluma, Sacramento, and Vallejo, a successor agreement with Village Square in San Diego and Bayview Rehabilitation Hospital in Alameda, and a first union contract at Citrus Nursing Center in San Bernardino and Vitas Healthcare Corporation of California.
Update – November 2018
- We are proud to celebrate the incredible victories and hard work of our IHSS members in Los Angeles, Alameda, Del Norte, and San Francisco for securing county agreements to significantly raise wages and increase benefits for IHSS workers.
- During the month of October, we put over $1 Billion in new Federal, State and County Money into the pockets of IHSS workers in three counties over the next four years!
- These are historic wins and will support thousands of caregivers in receiving the dignity and respect for their work that they deserve. Be sure to watch your mailbox and vote to adopt these contracts!
- We’re keeping up the fight to win across the state in other counties statewide like San Bernardino, Santa Clara, San Benito, San Joaquin, and Monterrey, and we look forward to supporting our Sisters and Brothers to settle more contracts soon.
- Also, our work with our Nursing Home members has helped us win increases in wages and benefits in facilities statewide, including at SF Health Care and Kit Carson, and we are advancing negotiations at other facilities such as Shlomo, Genesis, and Plum
Join other caregivers like you and help us continue to win – seiu2015.org/join
Read more about our victories by following the links below!