Leadership Empowerment Specialist III, Northern or Southern California
Northern or Southern California
SEIU Local 2015 is California’s Long Term Care workers organization that will unleash the collective power of long term care workers, their families, and their communities, harness the power of technology, and build a broad movement to disrupt the unjust status quo in order to bring lasting transformational change towards a more just society for all.
SEIU Local 2015 represents 372,000 homecare providers, nursing home workers and assisted living center workers throughout California, making it the largest union of long term care givers in California and the second largest SEIU local in the nation. For more information please visit, http://seiu2015.org
Leadership Empowerment Specialist position support skills and competency trainings, leadership practices and behaviors that support a culture of learning and on-going leadership capacity building for our members and staff. The position supports the strategic direction on the integration of leadership empowerment across the organization in collaboration with key stakeholders and encourages and fosters innovation, skill development, leadership competencies to advance the organization’s strategic priorities. The position reports to the Director of Leadership Empowerment. The position is located in Northern or Southern California.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supports the alignment of the Leadership Empowerment System and training to support the mission, vision, and organizational priorities of the Local.
- Designs and develops components of Leadership Empowerment System for the Local and coordinates implementation.
- Performs ongoing evaluation of the Leadership Empowerment System and its components for impact on outcomes and structures.
- Collaborates with other departments and regions within the Local
- Supports on-going assessments of member and staff development needs in order to successfully administer and carry out Leadership Empowerment programs aligned with organizational outcomes.
- Facilitates and supports the facilitation of trainings across the organization
- Develops and supports the development of curricula and supportive material
- Provides day-to-day leadership.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities to develop new curricula and learning experiences that further organizational goals and objectives.
- Supports the development and implementation of tools and practices to foster a culture of learning
- Performs general administrative duties as needed
- Works on and leads the development work in regional and statewide projects
- Maintains an understanding of current industry and regional economic ideas, trends, and practices pertaining to the areas of responsibility for this position.
- Performs work generally in the field with staff, members, and outside constituents.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Experience in planning, implementing, and managing multiple projects; including, curriculum development, facilitation, and achieving successful metrics
- An understanding on leadership development, long term care industry (skilled nursing facilities, assisted living, homecare), and adult education
- Experience working in diverse work environments a plus. Women and people of color urged to apply. Bilingual skills a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in labor and/or leadership development or adult education experience
- Bachelors Degree in related field
- Long and irregular hours required. Travel required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary offered based on experience and qualifications.
- Full benefits package including employer-paid medical, dental, life and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents and a pension plan.
To Apply for this Position:
E-mail, fax or mail a cover letter, detailed resume and short writing sample to:
SEIU Local 2015
c/o Human Resources
2910 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90057
Please indicate in your cover letter the position and location of your interest. This position will remain open until filled.
Affirmative Action Employer:
SEIU Local 2015 is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to recruiting and hiring without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.