Organizer in Training
SEIU Local 2015 is California’s Long Term Care workers organization that will unleash the collective power of long term care workers, their families, and their communities, harness the power of technology, and build a broad movement to disrupt the unjust status quo in order to bring lasting transformational change towards a more just society for all.
The Company: SEIU Local 2015 is a diverse, ethical, and transparent 21st Century worker organization leading with vision, understanding, clarity, and agility, thereby thriving in an ever-changing world. Through the work of our members, by building partnerships, and embracing innovation and education, SEIU Local 2015 long term care workers will have achieved quality jobs that deliver livable wages, retirement security, respect, and the right to a union for all.
The Position: We’re looking for applicants whom are looking to become Organizers-in-Training, an entry-level position. The starting salary is $50,526.23. We also offer the following benefits:
- Health, vision, dental, life, and voluntary life
- Participation in our pension plan
- A generous car allowance (at $650 per month)
- Opportunities for growth and development
- The ability to work with people from other cultures and backgrounds
- Having a valid driver’s license, use of a car for work, and automobile insurance are mandatory conditions of employment in this role
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout the state of California
- Assess, identify, recruit, and develop workers into activists and leaders via house visits, worksite visits, and organizing meetings
- Plan one’s own work as assigned; make and execute daily, weekly, and monthly work plans based on assigned goals and objectives
- Engage in strategic thinking to assess issues, evaluate a campaign and its components, and achieve goals of the union in the field
Location: Fresno, Los Angeles, Sacramento County, San Bernardino County, San Joaquin County, Alameda County, and Norther Counties, CA.
To Apply For This Position: E-mail or fax a detailed resume, cover letter, a one-page writing sample and the name, job title, address, and phone number of three professional references to:
In subject of email: Organizer in Training
Fax: (213) 368-0699
Attn: Human Resources