Locations: Del Norte & Humboldt Counties, CA
SEIU Local 2015 is California’s Long Term Care workers organization that will unleash the collective power of long term care workers, their families, and their communities, harness the power of technology, and build a broad movement to disrupt the unjust status quo in order to bring lasting transformational change towards a more just society for all.
SEIU Local 2015 represents 372,000 home care providers, nursing home workers and assisted living center workers throughout California, making it the largest union of long term care givers in California and the second largest SEIU local in the nation. For more information please visit, http://seiu2015.org
Organizers train, develop and empower workers across the long term-care sector, including In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) home care, skilled nursing home facilities, private home care facilities and assisted living facilities to:
- Form, build, and grow their union
- Participate in their contract bargaining and representation
- Organize and mobilize around work site issues, political, legislative and policy goals.
- Develop their leadership potential
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Membership recruitment and COPE (Committee on Political Education) recruitment. This is seen as a primary duty of an organizer, with COPE contribution/membership indivisible from membership recruitment goals.
- Assess, identify, and recruit workers to be activists and leaders.
- Assist in conducting basic member training.
- Make and execute daily, weekly, and monthly work plans based on assigned goals and objectives.
- Learn about how the long term care industry functions and is funded, the industry employers, and the role of the National Relations Board and PERB plays in the industry.
- Develop plans around various goals including membership, COPE, activists and leader recruitment and mobilizing and organizing members for key union activities.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Willingness and ability to work long, irregular hours, including weekends
- Proven ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable use of car for work, and required automobile insurance
- Willingness and ability to travel if required
- Previous experience in union organizing is highly desirable.
Salary and Benefits:
- The current salary range is $51,536.76-88,471.49 based on experience and qualifications.
- Full benefits package including employer-paid medical, dental, life and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents and a pension plan.
- Car allowance, cellular phone and laptop.
To Apply for this Position:
E-mail, fax or mail a cover letter, detailed resume and short writing sample to:
SEIU Local 2015
c/o Human Resources
2910 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90057
Please indicate in your cover letter the position and location of your interest. This position will remain open until filled.
Affirmative Action Employer:
SEIU Local 2015 is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to recruiting and hiring without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.