Location: Alameda County, CA
SEIU Local 2015 is California’s Long Term Care workers organization that will unleash the collective power of long term care workers, their families, and their communities, harness the power of technology, and build a broad movement to disrupt the unjust status quo in order to bring lasting transformational change towards a more just society for all.
SEIU Local 2015 represents 372,000 homecare providers, nursing home workers and assisted living center workers throughout California, making it the largest union of long term care givers in California and the second largest SEIU local in the nation. For more information please visit, http://seiu2015.org
Entry level Political Organizing position intended for candidates at the start of their political organizing career. Works at the grassroots level to build member political leadership and skill.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- COPE Fundraising. This is seen as a primary duty of a political organizer.
- Membership Sign-Up. In addition to COPE sign ups, political organizers are responsible for meeting membership sign-up goals.
- Build, Staff, and Plan Political Teams in assigned turf with direct supervision.
- Assess, identify, recruit, and develop member leaders as they become political activists and leaders via house visits, work-site visits, organizing meetings, political team meetings, phone calls and literature.
- Prepare meeting agendas and other communication tools such as emails, fliers, etc. as needed.
- Implement electoral campaign plans for assigned campaigns.
- Staff, plan, and organize the local’s endorsement process and the SEIU One Voice Process.
- Build, Plan, and Track community and electoral relationships with direct supervision.
- Plan work as assigned; make and execute daily, weekly, and monthly work plans based on assigned goals and objectives.
- Assist in developing member leaders through conducting basic trainings providing appropriate tools to lead.
- Complete all required reporting of data, member outreach, etc.
- Lobby visits—schedule, plan, train member participants, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with political campaigns and/or related experience.
- Willingness and ability to work long, irregular hours, including weekends
- Willingness and ability to travel if required
- Proven ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable use of car for work, and required automobile insurance
Salary and Benefits:
- The current salary range is $51,536.76-88,471.49 based on experience and qualifications.
- Full benefits package including employer-paid medical, dental, life and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents and a pension plan.
- Car allowance, cellular phone and laptop.
To Apply for this Position:
E-mail, fax or mail a cover letter, detailed resume and short writing sample to:
SEIU Local 2015
c/o Human Resources
2910 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90057
Please indicate in your cover letter the position and location of your interest. This position will remain open until filled.
Affirmative Action Employer:
SEIU Local 2015 is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to recruiting and hiring without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.