Fresno County got COVID $$$—we need to tell them to invest in us!
For the past two years, we’ve been on the front lines protecting Fresno County’s most vulnerable citizens during the COVID-19 pandemic.
But instead of treating us like heroes when they got $194 million from the federal government rebuild from COVID-19,they completely left us out!
The Supervisors sent out a community survey to measure what residents want the money to go toward. They say they want to hear from the community, but…
- we’re not even listed, even though the money is intended for essential workers!
- unlike other counties, they left no room for our voice—no place to write in our own priority.
- many of us didn’t even get the emailed survey.
So we’re going to tell them anyway by putting “Invest in SEIU 2015 IHSS contract” where they ask for our text number.
Here’s what to do:
- Click here to fill out the survey
- Put your information
- In the “Organization Name” field, type: Invest in SEIU 2015 IHSS contract
We aren’t settling for bottom-of-the-barrel scraps anymore. This pandemic showed our county, our state, and our country how essential we are—it’s time they start recognizing it.
Let’s make some noise, sisters and brothers.
Executive Vice President, SEIU 2015