The current shortage of PPE for front-line healthcare workers –nurses, home care workers, specialists, physicians, CNA, LVN, dietary, housecleaning and others– endangers workers, their families, and those for whom they care. The Trump Administration will continue to tout progress as evidence that the problem is solved. We need to be ready with an effective and undeniable message that tells the truth.
Please take a quick 20-30 second video of yourself and describe your experience as a nursing home or home care worker without adequate PPE.
- Start by introducing yourself. “I’m Maria Gomez, a CNA in Oakland, CA,” or “I’m Rose and I’m a home care worker in Los Angeles, CA.”
- Address one or more of the following:
- How are you experiencing the lack of PPE?
- How does this situation make you feel?
- Are you worried for yourself, your family, those for whom you care?
- Your demand on what we need. “Donald Trump, I’m asking you now – where is MY mask?”
- The video does not have to have a professional appearance; however, try to make sure your face is well-lit/visible and that we can hear what you are saying. This may require moving to a quieter or brighter location.
- If possible, leave 5 extra seconds at the beginning and the end of the video for editing purposes.
- For HIPPA reasons, do not include any resident, patient, or consumer names in the video.
- It’s a good idea to try making the video 2 or 3 times.