Medicaid Mandate on Home Health Pay Prompts Calls for Leeway

Bloomberg Law | July 12, 2023

State Medicaid agencies are urging federal regulators to give them more flexibility to determine how home health and other direct care workers are compensated.

The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services in May proposed that a minimum of 80% of Medicaid payments for homemaker services, home health aide services, and personal care services go directly to pay workers. The remaining 20% goes to pay for overhead and administrative costs. 

Read more at Bloomberg Law